Do Better : "No-Cook Hacks"
"Soul Food Love’s" Carolina Randall Williams on no-cook dishes perfect for summer
Soul Food Love co-author Caroline Randall Williams is known for making healthy eating easy, delicious and inexpensive. Check out her tips on using fresh summer produce to create flavorful, no-cook dishes that won’t get you banned from the family reunion.
Soul Food Love Savory Avocado Salad with Corn, Peppers, and Cilantro
- 4 cups corn kernels*
- 3 large red bell peppers, diced
- 4 large avocados, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper (to your taste)
1. Toss the corn, bell peppers, and avocados in a salad bowl with ⅔ cup of the cilantro.
2. To make the salad dressing, puree the remaining cilantro with the limejuice in a blender or food processor, slowly adding the olive oil. Dress the salad and add pepper to taste. An hour in the refrigerator improves this dish.
* If corn is in season, use fresh raw kernels cut from the cob; you’ll need about 4 large ears. The rest of the year, simply steam frozen kernels until tender and then let cool.
Got a healthy-eating question for Caroline? Tweet it to her at @caroranwill with the #TheBridgeATT hashtag.